Sunday, March 28, 2010

www.saveathomemommy.com

We're on our way back from Tennessee so I'm catching up on blogs and looking for new blogs. My friend Kristina had a link for Save At Home Mommy (if the title isn't incentive enough to check it out, I don't know what is!) so I checked it out. Now I'll look through the Ad pages we get in the mail but I don't really see coupons anymore. They just advertise sales in which the prices will be already marked down anyway, right? Or that's how I was thinking of it. On the website's blog roll, there was a link to The $30 grocery challenge (which I posted a link to on the right) and between these two sites, I am so convinced that I could do this. Maybe not $30, we'll see, but if I could get close to $30 I would be happy! I thought I had been doing well with our grocery budget... I make out a menu using whatever we have in the pantry first and then any extra meals we need, then I make my grocery list and stick to it so that I don't overspend. But $30?! This woman puts me to shame! In a good way though! :) I'm so curious to see if I can do it. It might take me a while to get there. Stockpiling seems to be what really helps so that may take a few times. But, I'll keep you all posted. :) I know every bit I save helps ensure that I can stay home part time!

No comments:

Post a Comment