Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why I Made This Blog

There's an excitement that comes with being a new bride. We desperately want to make our husbands happy and proud. This usually motivates us to show how resourceful we can be by clipping coupons, making menus and shopping lists; or how tidy we are by keeping up with the house (even if it means folding laundry till 11 at night); or what culinary geniuses they married. It's so much fun... and yet so much time! And once you add beautiful babies to the mix, it can be hard to keep your sanity. I'll be the first to admit I am not always the "joyful" wife (and Brock could be the second to nicely confirm) but it's still something I definitely strive for. I know I could never be the Proverbs 31 woman on my own but I'm hoping if I were to learn from others and save myself some time, maybe I could get a few steps closer. That is why I created this blog.
I've had several friends ask for recipes and I've asked friends for advice on budgeting. We sat and talked for hours about ideas on decorating our new homes and researching more ideas. My mom has given very valuable advice on maintaining a tidy home and other women have told me where to get the best deal on produce. SO... I'm hoping that you can join me in creating a place where we can all come to get tips from those we love, those who are in our shoes, and those who have wisdom to give. Whether it's a recipe that was so amazing you have to share it or just a quick post saying "Holy Cow, awesome sale going on at Kohl's", it will be appreciated! Just let me know if you would like to be a contributor, and I'll add you on here.
Thanks for checking this out and I hope that the gems shared here will make your day a little more joyful =)

3 comments:

  1. count me in...not sure if i will have much to add though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jocelyn for the link... I share the same sentiment you stated Natalyia, with 2 little ones already and our 5yr wedding anniversary this June, i agree, sometimes the joy isn't exactly radiating from me... yet the love is unconditional and amazing... it is wonderful to know so many women/friends/mothers who struggle, or rather who are constantly learning how to take this amazing journey... we can learn so much from eachother - I would love to learn from you all and share, too :)

    ReplyDelete