Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Take on Tuna Salad Sandwich

I found this old recipe that I cut out a few years ago and kept forgetting to try. It's called Cranberry Apple Tuna Salad. Today I was not in the mood to make more of a mess in our kitchen by cooking lunch so I wanted something simple (but not PB&J because that's probably what we'll have tonight since we have church :)). So it was a perfect day to try this out!

The recipe calls for 1 16 oz can of tuna in water, drained; 4 tbps dried cranberries; 1 apple, chopped; and 2 tsp. mayonnaise. I ended up just using half the apple and I added 1 tbsp chopped walnuts. It was so good for being so simple! It was only 4 g. fat AND Gracie loved it as well! I think it also would be good as a grilled sandwich with a slice of swiss cheese.

So, if you are ever in the mood for something quick and easy, give this one a try! Surprisingly scrumptious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment